first day back reflection

The morning of our first day back from South Carolina was an interesting one, that's for sure! 

I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself, as I had become so used to an itinerary that started bright and early. But because my sleep schedule had me waking up early, I had a lot of time to reflect on my experience during Road to the White House. 

From both sides of the aisle, it was clear to me that the people who worked for the campaigns were genuinely engaged in politics for what they thought was the good of their fellow Americans. There was also a lot more bipartisanship than I was expecting, especially when considering the amount of polarization that we are constantly exposed to from the media. The state parties actively collaborated and were on good terms (though they both made sure to emphasize that they disagreed on policy matters). When we spoke to representatives from S.C., they were far more moderate than politicians are typically portrayed, which was refreshing. 

In the coming weeks, I'll try to post more of these reflections, because it's hard to synthesize such an experience into one single blog post, and I know that I have a lot more to say. 

Go Bulls!

Comments

Popular Posts